Welcome to Daniland

I am Dani and this is my way of sharing who I am, through the things that I love. Please feel free to contact me at destinationdaniland@gmail.com and follow me on Twitter, @destinationdani .

Saturday, July 16, 2011

If it hadn't been for Love

I have several musical obsessions all happening at the same time right now and it is all very exciting. Firstly, there is this amazing bluegrass band called the SteelDrivers. I am not super familiar with their catalog, but they do have truly fantastic song called, “If it hadn’t been for Love” that I cannot stop listening to. It is a song about a man shooting his wife. The lyrics are brilliant and it is sung perfectly. I first heard Adele’s version of it and it is equally as haunting, but is only available on the UK version of her album 21. Here is the SteelDriver's version... http://youtu.be/_OG8Y7wDUVo

No comments:

Post a Comment